Prepartion time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 600g pieces of boneless loin of veal*
- 2 tablespoons AYAM Hoi Sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon AYAM Soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 kumara**, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons AYAM Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Step 1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Combine soya sauce, hoi sin sauce, tomato paste, honey and five spice powder in a bowl.
Step 2. Heat oil in a frying pan, cook veal on all sides until browned all over. Transfer to a backing dish, brush with a sauce mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until cooked as desired, basting occasionally with sauce. Remove from oven, stand 10 minutes.
Step 3. Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave kumara until tender, drain, mash. Serve with sliced veal. Drizzle with Chili sauce, sprinkle with onion.
*Ask your butcher to roll the veal and tie it with string.
Hint: Delicious served with stir-fried green vegetables, drizzles with light soya sauce.
**Kumara is also known as red sweet potato and is prepared and cooked as ordinary potatoes. Pumpkin can be used instead.