- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons frying oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds
For sweet and spicy sriracha sauce :
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon AYAM™ soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons AYAM™ Sweet & Salty chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon AYAM™ Sriracha chili sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Slice the block of tofu into cubes.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the tofu and gently toss until evenly coated and no powdery spots remain.
For the sauce :
- Add water, soy sauce, sugar, sriracha chili sauce, sweet and salty chili sauce, and garlic in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix 1-2 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1-2 tablespoon of water together.
Pour the cornstarch mixture into the bubbling sauce and whisk well.
- Reduce heat as needed and continue to cook another minute or two until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
For pan-fried tofu:
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoon frying oil.
- Once the oil has evenly heated, add the tofu and let the first side sear for about 6 minutes so a nice even crust forms. Once perfectly golden, flip each tofu nugget to the other side and sear for about 4-5minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to drain on a paper towel.
- Add the sauce to tofu just before serving.